The Eureka Scientech Research Foundation is committed to maintaining the privacy of our Website visitors, donors, scientists, and others by maintaining the confidentiality of personal data. ESRF does not share, sell, rent, or trade information about its donors, members, volunteers, and other contacts. This notice, along with any additional documents sets out the basis on which any personal data ESRF collect from you, or that provided to us, will be processed by us. The following will describe our views and practices regarding dealing with personal data of yours. Our site focuses on an adult audience, and we do not consciously gather information from or about children.
By visiting our website or portals (sites), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
The following data of yours will be collected and processed by us:
· Information including your name, phone number, address, email address, financial and credit card information, etc. that you provide us by filling in the form available in our web site or through phone, Email, or otherwise.
· We will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, time zone setting, browser type, and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Every information about your visit, including the URL, clickstream to, through, and from our site (including date and time), web pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· We receive information from other sources, e.g., Research Collaborator; Business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers and search information providers, etc.
Processing your data
In terms of data protection laws, we have set the following legal basis for the processing of your data. The legal basis for processing your data will characteristically be one of the following:
· lawful business interests of ourselves or our third parties;
· the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
· your consent where appropriate;
· compliance with our legal obligations.
· protect your vital interests.
Uses of data/information
We make use of data/information maintained with us about you in the following ways:
· We will use the information provided by you to us, as stated below:
- to provide newsletters and information about meetings, events and other related services that you are entitled to,
to record your attendance at an event or conference,
- to process and obtain a grant application,
- to build a Website User Profile to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to provide you with the requested information and services,
- to notify you about changes to our services,
- to process and receive your donation,
- to make sure that content from our site presents in the most useful manner for you and your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to operate our organization efficiently and effectively, including determining return on advertising investment;
- to improve our site or communications to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- to keep our website safe and secure;
· Information we receive from various sources combined with the information you provide to us. We will use these combined data for the benefit of our organization.
Social media features
Our site may include Facebook or Twitter buttons and widgets. It may collect your IP address and the page you are visiting on our website and may set a cookie to facilitate the feature to function correctly. A third party may host social media and lead generation features and widgets, and your interactions with these features and widgets governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
How we store your data
Every data collected from various sources stored on our servers, which are behind firewalls and located in the USA. The Donations made through our site are encrypted using 128-bit SSL encryption. Donor anonymity will be respected if requested and where applicable. By sharing your data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps logically essential to make sure that your data treated securely and under applicable law and this privacy notice. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not entirely safe. Even though we will exercise our best endeavor to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. We will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
Preservation of Records
We will retain and use your data as long as we need it or as otherwise prescribed by law. Our data retention policy further describes our retention practices. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
Disclosure of your information
On becoming a member of our organization, you authorize us to share all or some of your personal information, as appropriate, with:
· Selected third parties, including:
- business partners, researchers, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
Rights of ESRF on subject data
The controller or processor processes data as following:
· Withdrawal of consent –
Data subjects may, at any time, withdraw their approval to the dealing out of their data carried out by ESRF based on their prior consent. Such withdrawal will not influence the legality of the processing based on such prior approval.
· Rectification of consent –
Data subjects may request to rectify any incorrect or incomplete personal data.
· Subject access request –
On submission of written application supported with proof of identity and required fees, if any; Data subjects may request for their data. However, such a request is depending on compliance with certain limitations and exemptions and the rights of other individuals. Each application should make a clear SAR (subject access request).
· Objection to processing data, including automated processing and profiling –
ESRF does not make programmed decisions about data subjects. However, the information provided by third parties such as credit reference agencies, which may score data subjects based on automated decisions, may be considered. ESRF will comply with valid objection requests unless they have a compelling overruling lawful ground for the continuation of processing or have another legitimate reason to refuse such requests.
· Deletion of Data - Data subjects may request to erase their data. It will have complied unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
· Lodgement of complaint – Complaints can lodge with the supervisory authority. ESRF suggests that data subjects may contact us about any questions or complaints regarding the processing of their data.
Posted: February 27, 2020